Tuesday, February 26, 2019

dnj Gallery Artist Ray Carofano

Close at Hand, Recent Photographs by Ray Carofano at Los Angeles Harbor College


Los Angeles Harbor College Fine Arts Gallery will be exhibiting Ray Carofano's recent work, which documents images from the artist's San Pedro neighborhood. 

“I am a hunter not a farmer. I do not cultivate images, I find them. The camera is a tool that educates me on what’s going on around me. I reside in the Los Angeles port town of San Pedro, 5 blocks from the main channel where container ships, cruise ships and tugboats come and go, day & night, among the hammerhead cranes. The commercial / industrial environment of San Pedro, Wilmington & Long Beach offers a wealth of visual material. It may be gritty but if you look hard enough you discover geometric beauty in the concrete and steel, while surrounding parks and beaches offer a tranquil contrast.”
-Ray Carofano

Close at Hand, Recent Photographs by Ray Carofano
Los Angeles Harbor College Fine Arts Gallery 
March 9 - April 27
Artist's Reception Saturday, March 9, 2019 from 4 - 7 PM

No comments: