Friday, May 31, 2019

dnj Gallery -- arts collaboration

Private screening of Oscar winning film:  


Private Screening with a conversation by dnj Gallery owner/director, Pamela Schoenberg, dnj Gallery artist, Suda House and one of the film's executive producers, Sophie Ascheim.

and a special presentation by Suda House, and her "Women Bleed" project.
"For the last year and a half I have been collecting images of women published on the front page of major newspapers. The criteria for my selection, was that these women and chil- dren must be in some kind of distress or suffering. ... So I chose the most private and personal of objects that women use when they bleed. I used a digital transfer process to apply these images onto sanitary napkins. My intent be- came to heighten the viewers’ awareness that women bleed [and suffer]."

No comments: