Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cynthia Greig Exhibit featured on Kathleen Clark's Blog "Exposed"






One of the current shows on view at dnj Gallery is Cynthia Grieg's "Nature Morte."  Recently a review of her show has been featured on photo editior Kathleen Clark's blog, "Exposed." 

She writes:
"Her photographs of familiar traditional still life arrangements are not unlike those that adorned my mother’s walls in each of our suburban houses, but whitewashed and stripped of most color, altering their dimension and straddling a world somewhere between painting and photography.   I think she was generally floored at my recognition; much less the fact that I once considered showing her photographs until I realized she already had representation in Los Angeles. Greig is based in Detroit and I imagine getting exposure is somewhat tough in the world beyond."

To view the rest of the post please visit
http://kathleenclarkexposed.wordpress.com/



No comments: