Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Work from dnj Artist Robert von Sternberg entitled "Road Trip"

dnj Gallery is pleased to present a new project from artist Robert von Sternberg, "Road Trip."

Santa Barbara, 2010/2011, archival inkjet print

Santa Cruz, 2010/2011, archival inkjet print



"Travel has always been a joyful experience for my beautiful bride of 39 years and me. A road trip is one of our favorite ways to selectively revisit favorite areas and to explore new unfamiliar locations. While my wife is always pursuing fresh and profound scenic beauty, I seek out less obvious opportunities to create definitive photographic images -- especially when I encounter crowded places that appear to me as oddly vacant. This series captures some of those overlooked roadside attractions and social landscapes that are such a big part of my travels." -Robert von Sternberg, June 2012



No comments: